Saturday, August 18, 2012

Futuring & Innovation

Introducing Nicole Bradshaw, My Greatest Innovation

I have to discuss two forces that come into play one being medical and the other the result of having Nicole (my innovation). I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Therefore, I have been since I found out that I have type 2 diabetes last February 2011. It is documented and was studied that if you’re a woman who has diabetes and doesn’t get her blood sugar under control during pregnancy; that she can encounter the following:

1) Cause birth defects on your unborn child.

2) Increase the chances of a stillborn death or miscarriage of your child.

3) Cause your baby to be born prematurely.

4) Make your baby grow too large (possibly up to 9 lbs) or grow too fast during fetal development.

5) Cause your baby to have quickly changing blood sugars after birth

6) The mother may develop preeclampsia

(Center for Disease Control & Prevention, 2012).

These damaging effects can happen but by my managing my blood sugar levels and eating a healthy meal plan. I have delivered my first ever child Nicole without any complications and she was born and delivered in the 40th week of my pregnancy. I had never had a child and wanted to make sure that as a diabetic that I would be healthy for myself and for my child. Ignoring these may have affected having Nicole, my greatest innovation.


Reference:

Center for Disease Control (2012). Got Diabetes: Thinking About Having a Baby? Retrieved August 18, 2012, from http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/pregnancy_gateway/documents/Got_diabetes_508.pdf http://www.youtube.com/embed/zthKzP7nVjw

No comments:

Post a Comment